Vanguard 15 Fleet 53 - San Francisco Bay
If you are looking for an active and competitive dinghy fleet in the San Francisco Bay Area, then the Vanguard 15 is your boat! Our fleet began in April 1998 with 8 boats racing on the Alameda Estuary. Today, we are based at Treasure Island Sailing Center (TISC) and have over 30 active boats racing year around, including a few of the original boats! Fleet 53 is the center of the West Coast V15 scene!
This strict one-design boat is exciting, yet easy for two people to race. We welcome all skill levels, from collegiate All-Americans and Olympic campaigners, to big-boat sailors looking for tighter action, to novices that want to learn the sport of sailboat racing. The fleet hosts weekly fleet and team racing from April through September at TISC in Clipper Cove where good breeze and flat water can be found. There are also weekend regattas held at various West Coast venues that make up the Championship Series.
The Svendsen's Thursday Night Series is legendary and includes both V15s and Lasers/Laser Radials in tight collegiate-style fleet racing. Thursday nights offer US Sailing-certified race officials, 5-7 races per night and a fabulous post-racing party! To race:
- Review the Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions
- Fill in the TISC Medical Form (need to complete a new one each year)
- Fill in the Registration Site
- Fill in the Social Chair Form (mandatory to host one dinner)
- Pay on our dues page
- Review the directions
Please contact Thursday Night Chairs Rachel and Lee Magnusson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Tuesday Night Series is dedicated to 3-on-3 team racing and coached practice for expert-level teams desiring to compete in the US Team Racing Championship - Hinman Trophy plus other West Coast team race regattas. For interested individuals with prior collegiate team race experience, please contact Tuesday Night Chairs Steve Kleha (skleha@gmail) and Dan Altreuter (daltreuter@gmail) for more information.
We welcome sailors who'd like to get involved with our fleet.
- Join our Mailing List and Facebook group to learn more about our fleet and activities.
- If you are interested in getting out on the water but do not have a boat, we have a V15 available to Charter for team or fleet racing.
- If you would like to crew fill out a posting on the new Crew List.
- If you have a boat and want to be part of the fleet, enter your information on the Roster.
File Photo: Main GalleryHinman 2003
|2017 Championship Series||scores|
|2017 Thursday Series Standings||detail|
|2017 Championship Series Standings||detail|